Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Vision Lost-No, Just Misplaced!

Five years ago when I was getting ready to retire, I applied for a passport that I have yet to use.  I wanted to go to Israel in the worst way.  I wanted to bring the Jewish people to Christ.  I wanted to show them verse by verse how the Old Testament prophecies were fulfilled by Jesus.  I wanted to bring revelation to there inward parts, their minds, their souls, their spirits.

I always thought how happy God would be to have His children come home again, the return of the prodigal son.  I thought about how cool it would be not to be an adopted son of the Most High God, but to be a true son of Abraham, God's chosen people.  I imagined a smile on God's face as He placed each one on His lap, and said welcome home!  But I also knew that in His mind He would love His adopted children  just as much, after all, He is God, He is Love.

I also thought about the Body of Christ as a complete body, a Holy Church without spot or wrinkle.  God's plan complete, a Bride worthy of God.

A new Jerusalem coming down from the clouds, a new Heaven, and a new Earth.  No more fighting, no more pride, no more jealousy, no more hurt, fear, or frustration.  Just love, peace, praise and worship, to fill our hearts with eternal joy.  No more darkness, Just the light of Jesus Christ.

I still want to go, I still want to bring about that change, and I suppose it's time to put a plan together soon.  God is calling His remnant to come forth, it's time to stop talking and start doing the things that God asks us to do.

I hear your voice Lord, loud and clear.  I know that together You and I will find a way to make this happen.  I have been sidetracked by the world and its ways, but like the prodigal son, I know that Jesus Christ is my Father, my source, and my supply.

Thank you for bringing me Home!

2 comments:

  1. The "good seed" in the parable of the wheat and the tares and the interpretation in Matt 13:38 is the Greek word sperma. Jesus sows Himself and it is our job to cultivate that seed within. Make no mistake...God is looking for fruit.

    "whose winnowing fan is in his hand, and He will thouroughly purge His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the garner; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire".

    This is what John the Baptist spoke about Jesus. To undestand this we need to go beyond the "letter" of what's written. The original temple was built on Ornans threshing floor. 1Kings 21:18-22:1. This is where the harvest is brought after it is first..."seperated from the earth". Just as the first temple was built of stone, with neither hammer, ax, or tool of iron heard at the building site, so also God is building a temple of "living stones" a "spiritual house".

    That which is first is not spiritual, but that which is natural, and afterwards that which is spiritual. 1Cor 15:46

    The testimony of Jesus is the "spirit" of prophesy. Rev 19:10. I pray you would not be quick Steve to make up your mind too quickly about all the false end time teachings out there. Make no mistake.....there is the spirit of prophesy....and the letter of prophesy. The letter kills ...but the spirit brings life. God uses the letter to hide the truth from the wise and prudent.Matt 11:25. He who overcomes will recieve the hidden manna. To whom shall he teach knowledge and to whom shall he make to know the message?....them that are weaned from the milk and drawn from the breasts. It's the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the honour of kings to search out a matter. The false teachings of our day, especially about the rapture, are just like in Jesus day. The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be, and that which is done, is that which shall be done, and there is no new thing under the sun. Ask God to start showing you the hidden manna....it is there...behind the letter, and a whole new world will be opened to you!---God Bless, Your Brother John

    ReplyDelete